Help A Sista Out!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Miss Foxy Brown, What's Goin' Down?


Some of you have been asking what's going on with Miss foxy Brown. I figured writing it would be the best idea, that way I don't have to tell everyone individually. It's hard to keep talking about it, so I'd rather just get it out there and try not to worry.



On Sunday I had to take Miss Brown in to the Dog ER because her face was swollen on one side. It was alarming and I wanted to make sure she was OK. They said she was having an allergic reaction or had an abscess tooth. She also had a heart murmur. The ER Vet told me that I needed to follow up with her regular vet on Monday and I was given antibiotics to give her every 12 hours.



After going to her regular vet and having a hard time being seen we went to a new place called Glendale Animal Hospital. My only regret is that we haven't been going there all along. They were very nice and have been overly attentive with Miss Brown. It's refreshing. They are very caring and have been very sweet and supportive through all of this. If you're in the area, you should give them a visit. They confirmed that her tooth was infected and they ran more blood tests to check her organs and see if the infection was subsiding. They also checked her heart and found that her heart murmur is grade 3, which is moderate. She has weakened heart valves and there is a possibility that the murmur is being caused by a leaking heart valve. That will be further investigated on Tuesday.



Miss Foxy Brown's amazing and sweet Vet called today with the results of some of her blood tests. (We're still waiting on one that will take another day to two for results.) Today's blood results show that the infection is still prominent in her system, even with her being on antibiotics. She is also showing signs of a bad kidney. He's hoping that the kidney is going to be fine and that it will balance out after the infection dies. She is also showing signs of mild dehydration. She is drinking water, so the kidney problem is a bit of a concern.



On Tuesday I will be taking her in to the Vet's office. They will be removing the tooth that first showed signs of the infection, looking further in to her heart valve situation, administering a stronger antibiotic and running more tests. Because of her heart there is high risk in her procedures. She's a tough little angel, so I am staying positive that she will be fine.



I am sad but truly grateful that her infection showed up in her tooth and caused a noticeable problem, otherwise I wouldn't have known about any of this until it was too late. She is a little lethargic but otherwise she is acting fine and in good spirits. I can only be glad that this was noticed in time for me to help her.



We appreciate all of the love, concern and support everyone has been giving Miss Foxy Brown. I can only say thank you, although it doesn't seem to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment