Help A Sista Out!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Dark Day





As some of you may know, Miss Foxy Brown has been dealing with a heart condition for a long while. This weekend she had a few episodes that ultimately resulted in my taking her to the dog emergency at 8pm last night. A little before 1:30am today, I had to say my final goodbye to her.



My life will never be the same. She was the reason I could always, eventually, find a bright side to whatever came my way. She was my best friend and I am struggling to imagine my daily life without her. I keep expecting to hear her snoring, or walking out of the bedroom with the little tap shoe sound her tiny feet made on the hardwood. Knowing that she won't be at the door greeting me when I get home is something I don't know if I will ever be used to. This apartment will never be as comforting as it was with her in it. It's hard to know that nightly snuggles with the most important thing in my life will not happen again. All around, dealing with this is going to be a battle.



I know that many of you loved her. She was something special to many of us. She was the sweetest little thing and she could melt the hearts of strangers. To know her was to love her. She had something about her that made her more unique than any dog I'd ever known before. People would ask me about her before we even said hello. She was so much more than a dog, she was Miss Foxy Brown. A few of you already knew about this but I wanted to put the news out there because she had so many people that adored her. Many of you helped her live as long as she did, with your support and help throughout her heart condition and other issues. I appreciate those of you that have reached out to me. I can't express how kind that is, especially during such a dark day.



~Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment